Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wed WSD

We had a good class today. Warm up was jogging and then bear crawls and shoulder escapes and shrimping and push ups. We went over arm grabs and some chokes. We learned a new grab escape and my name for it is the chicken wing.  Basically if your hand is grabbed above your head then you bend your elbow in a way where you chicken wing their arm and it makes them let go. Then we moved onto floor escapes. I sat this one out but ended up having to do it when we went into the games. The first one was the other person trying to escape me and she did. Then we changed partners and I held on to her as best I could but eventually she got away. I need to be able to get up faster. But when I was the survivor and escaping I was able to shift out from under her grip and get to a point where I could use her to stand up. She grabbed my arm and I got out then she went to choke me with both hands so I threw up the elbow and wrapped my arm around her and loaded her on my back. She tapped out pretty quickly then! Honestly I hadn't realized I had loaded her. Pretty neat stuff and quite the workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment