Monday, October 8, 2012

CF x2

So I took my Dr's advice and tried an extra day of CF. I went in Friday for a workout and got more of a beat down. Warm up was 3 rounds of: 10 x Jumping ring dips, 10 x Shoulder pass throughs, 200m Run (I rowed) and that did me in. I was exhausted. After a few minutes for everyone to get their dumbells ready we moved on to the WOD. It was 4 rounds for time of: 25 x Push-ups, 10 x DB Snatch R arm (45#/25#), 10 x DB Snatch L arm (45#/25#), 800m Run. I did knee push ups, a 20# weight, and then rowed. The first set felt good, the second set felt awful, the third set my arms were burning, and the final set I was closing my eyes pretending I was anywhere else just trying to finish this thing up! There were four of us doing this particular WOD and I was third to finish! Talk about a boost to my self-esteem. Even tho she was running and I was rowing, I was keeping up with the group. My time was 36:21. A really, really, really long WOD. But it was good to get it done. Core was holding a plank for as long as you could. It's hard for me to do in shoes so I didn't last long. Then we did it 3 more times. I got about 25 seconds for the first one and then it dwindled from there.

Today was another stressful WOD. Again with the burning arms. Warm up was three rounds of 10 x Ring rows, 10 x Push-ups, 10 x Squats. Then the WOD was for time: 1000m Row, then 6 Rounds of: 8 x Ring dips, 10 x Pull-ups, 12 x Pistols. The row took me 4:46 and I did a modified version of the dips where I jump up and just try my best, then ring rows instead of pull ups, and a modified pistol squat- I used the rings to help me balance and I couldn't squat very far at all. My total time including the rowing was 18:33. I moved on to core earlier than everyone else because I was worried about not being able to finish like last time we had this as a core. I did 50 before everyone started and then did 50 while everyone else was doing their 100. First half wasn't timed, but the second half was and I did them in 3:29. Amazing! I'm shocked that I was able to do it. Sure my arms were on fire and my stomach was actively fighting against my every move, but I did it! Tonite is WSD and hopefully I will be able to make it through the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment