Wednesday, October 3, 2012

BJJ eh...

So we did end up going to JJ last night. We started with the warm up routine, running, high knees, butt kicks, shuffle steps- then went right into drills. I stayed in the back because I can't really go fast like these guys can. So I do my penetration steps, forward rolls, elbow escapes, etc in this area in the corner. After about a half hour of drilling we go into maneuvers. Now I don't do JJ regularly and I'm really out of shape so that doesn't help. I try to do what I can and scale where possible. I kept practicing rolls because I couldn't do what they were doing. Coach tells me to scale it down. Well that is the problem. I don't know HOW to scale it. I will try and try and try, but if I can't figure out how, then we have a problem. Normally I can scale it within reason and it's common sense type stuff. Asking is always an option, but I hate taking the time from someone else, especially if they've never had to scale it for themselves. I'm not your average MMA person. Ah well. We'll see how next class goes. Not super sore today. Still bruised in my throat area from Monday. Followup with my Dr went well. EKG and bloodwork all look good. Advised I exercise more. WTF doc.. W T F.

No comments:

Post a Comment