Thursday, October 4, 2012

Pushing Through the Pain

I wanted to give up about halfway thru the WOD today. It was morbid. Coach worked out with us today and there was just another girl, coach, and myself there. Had to push thru for some girl power. We started off with the regular warm up that I still get winded doing and then moved on to the WOD. Today it was five rounds of 10 front squats and 10 lateral burpees. For the front squats I loaded up two 10# for a total of 35#. I can't pull my arms into the proper position yet, so it's hard to carry a lot of weight. For the burpees now that I go all the way onto the ground and the push all the way back up it's so much harder than ever for me. I thought it was rough standing up in base four or five times in a row- bah that's nothing compared to 10 times in a row of getting down and slowly easing myself onto the floor and then pushing up to stand back up. I definitely wasn't doing lateral burpees. There was no jumping involved for me. Someday. For now scaling is just a way of life. I was the last one done and it took me a little more than twice as long as the other girls, coming in at 22 mins and 32 secs. For core (because 50 burpees isn't enough) I got to end it with 30 supermans. After getting my breath back I was able to kick those out without much of a problem. It was refreshing as lately after 10 or 15 I'm breathing like a freight train. I feel good. I'm glad I finished. My body is sore and tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment