Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Busy Life...

So it's been a while. I've missed two workouts since my last post. The 12th I went to self defense and then yoga. Wednesday the 13th I just went to women's self defense.  Thursday I missed Cross Fit because of a dr appt. That weekend we went to Rehoboth Beach for my daughter's birthday. Monday I went to Cross fit- I'm in a haze about what the workout was. Will have to look it up later. the 19th I did self defense and then skipped  yoga- some little kids went in and I wasn't comfortable going. Wed I went to self defense and Yoga. I'm getting better. It's a good feeling. Thursday we had another dr appt and I missed cross fit again. Definitely feel the lack of exercising in my body. Monday the 25th I made it to cross fit. I didn't finish the warm up- everyone is so much faster than me. I need to start early sometimes. I did the 200 m walk twice, three sets of 10 ring rows, two sets of 10 push ups. The workout was pretty brutal- Ten box step ups and then five ring rows repeated for 8 mins. Then we got a 5 min rest and did five dips and ten lunges repeated for 8 minutes. I was able to do the first exercise 4 1/2 times in the 8 mins and the second one I got 5 done with a couple of box dips tossed in at the end. Yesterday I did self defense and then yoga. Today is another round of self defense and yoga. It's weird but I'm looking forward to it. I need to get my eating under control because I'm lost there. It's a defeating feeling when you're doing so much but the scale doesn't agree with you. And the weak point is obvious. I know where my issue lies. Now it's just a matter of dealing with it. I really want to do the 5k but I'm scared. I'm scared I won't be able to finish. I'm scared people will laugh at me. I'm scared to be the only fat person there. It is easier to give up and not try. But I really don't want to. I need this. I need to overcome this. Why is it so damn hard?

OK I got a refresh on what the WOD was from the day I couldn't remember. It was brutal. I think I did 20 squats for a warm up and some push ups. Then it was 8 rounds of 200 m rowing and 40 squats. I didn't think I'd get through it. I had a partner to time me- Ryan. He messed up his knee so she put us "slow" people together. I got a minute rest in between reps. Amazingly I averaged 2:34 ish throughout. My highest time was 2:38 and my fastest was 2:30- minutes people. Seriously. Who knew? Ryan was really supportive too. It helps having people on your side encouraging instead of berating and thinking they're helpful.

I'm coming back to this to add the workout from 6/28. I knew I was missing one. It was the standard warm up of the list of 5x a bunch of different things then the WOD was 16 minutes long. Four rounds of 40 seconds working out, 20 seconds rest. 40 secs SDHP (55#),  20 secs Rest, 40 secs Anchored Sit-ups, 20 secs Rest, 40 secs DB snatch (25#) (Alt hands each rep), 20 secs rest, 40 secs C2B Pull-ups- I'm pretty sure I did ring rows- My memory is a little hazy. Somewhere during this break time I attempted jumping rope for the first time *ever*! And I succeeded! It was amazing. I was able to do more than 5 in a row. Didn't make it to 10. I'll get there tho. Eventually...

No comments:

Post a Comment