Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Made it through Monday!

Yesterday was a short but painful workout. Warm up was ok- 5x  three reps of snatches. Take a barbell (mine was 15lbs, then added 20 lbs of weight) and kind of squat over it, then lift with your body, push out the hips, keep pulling bar up, then shrug and kind of duck to get the bar over your head. It's an awkward movement. I think it will be easier next time.

Onto the main workout- 35 lb kettle-bell snatches and jumping rope. Five R, Five L, and then 15 double jumps ( I did squats as I'm not ready to jump yet) and it was as many sets as you can do in 8 minutes. At the end you work on your core. The other people did weird things on this odd piece of equipment and I did 40 "supermans" where you lay on the floor and then flex up with arms and legs, getting your chest off the floor. You can really feel them. It's not anywhere near as fun as superman sounds! I made sure to stretch out after because I could already feel pain building in my right thigh and calf. Another lucky day as I didn't have cramps last night. Note to self: get some bananas!

No comments:

Post a Comment