Thursday, July 26, 2012

Cross Fit Lunch Break

Today we did our normal warm up of the 5 reps. I need to list these out one of these days. It's a workout in itself. I don't know how anyone considers it a "warm-up." The WOD 1 was five reps of 3 behind the neck push presses using the snatch grip- basically first two fingers over the thumb. I did that slowly getting my weight up. 15 lb, 35lb, 55 lb, 65 lb, then down to 60 lb which was where I found I could do it properly. WOD 2 was two 5 min AMRAPS. First was 15x double unders (I just became able to jump rope, double unders are not yet in my vocabulary), so I did single unders, and yes, it took me a long time cause I didn't count the ones that weren't full proper jumps. I was able to do two reps of the single unders. Then there was the behind the neck push press. I took it up to the rx weight of 65# and it was horrid. I only got in one rep between my jump roping debacle. We got a 2 min rest and then it was time for the rowing. I got my foot stuck so started a few seconds late. I was trying to hit 1000 m and they cut the time when I was at 984m. I had 5 sec left before I was at my 5 min row mark. I could have made it! Ugh. Core was 40 supermans. I'm able to rise higher and higher these days. I think yoga is helping with that. Looking forward to no workouts this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment