Tuesday, July 24, 2012

WSD

So after work we went to woman's self defense class. We started with some warm up. Had to do jumping jacks as part of it. Yeah that sucked. Coach was late so we had a sub start us up. We started with standing headlock take down. I stupidly volunteered to show the class how to do it. I put sub-coach in a headlock and he got into base, wrapped his arms around my body/arms so that he can control pulling, then take the foot furthest from the front of the attacker's body and place it behind the attacker's foot closest to you, then sit down. The attacker with drop with you and most of the time will let go (this was a hard fall onto his fist and I'm not going lie, it was so powerful of a drop it made me tinkle a little!) If they don't, then get up on knees and push against attacker- moving into a sort of cross mount. Taking leg furthest away from attacker's head and put it over to the other side of attacker's body, at this point one arm should also be down on the other side. Then take hand closest to head and slide it along attacker's neck, getting a solid push against it and pulling up to break the headlock. After this we moved onto having someone come behind while you are in a sitting position and trying to grab or choke you. Then we moved onto a standing choke from the front. That was pretty good. I can see how this is a really useful move. The dip of the chin, shrug up of the shoulders, drop to base, then duck and twist out swinging back to smack your attacker good and hard. It's smooth once you get the hang of it. So a lot of dropping today. It wore me out. But I'm glad that I'm getting better at the falling and feeling secure about not seriously injuring myself. The more I do it, the better chance I will have of not breaking a bone if I happen to fall on something harder. We skipped Yoga today, but I plan on going tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment