Monday, July 23, 2012

Monday Update

Saturday we went to Yoga. It was early and it was brutal. I don't think my body was made to move that way that early in the morning. We got through it. Doing the boat again and it's still a struggle, but it's possible!

This afternoon was my Monday Cross Fit. Today was more about technique, but it was still a brutal work out. Warm up was junkyard something- basically one person sits down with legs straight out and arms straight out, another person jumps over arms/legs repeatedly. Then the person goes into a plank- another person jumps over them then crawls under them. Creepy, but I guess it really warms you up. I jumped rope to the best of my ability. I may have taken one too short or maybe it's my new shoes- Just got them and these nifty new socks- but the rope kept getting stuck in the last crease of my shoe sole.

After warm up we used the white pipes to practice the technique for the WOD. We stood in a circle and just went through the movements. We got our weighted bars and then for better balance were advised to take off our shoes!!! Yes, take off those new shoes you got just for cross fit class! The one day I don't show up in flip flops we take off our shoes! Anyhow, 2-2-2-2-2-2-2 Hang squat snatch. Rest 60 Secs between sets. I did this with first 35 lbs then moved up to 45 lbs two sets in. If I had went heavier, I'm not sure I would have made it to the next section of the WOD. 3 Rounds of:  4 x Snatch Pull (These start from the ground and end with the scarecrow portion of the movement.) Rest 60 Secs, 4 x Heaving snatch balance, Rest 60 Secs. I kept with my 45lbs. It got so much heavier as class wore on. Finally after putting up the weights I moved onto core. My core was different- I did 3 reps of 15 sit ups and then 15 supermans. Yeah, I can still feel my abs crying on the inside. Yoga is still up for discussion. I want to go, but I don't want to go, but I should go, but I'm sooo tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment