Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday the 13!!!!!

Monday was Cross Fit. We did the 5x cycle warm up through the "core" warm up with the 15 lb barbell. After warm up we did weighted pull ups. Five sets of three, trying to find your max weight. I am my max weight so I was just trying to get my feet off the ground. I totally can't do a pull up... yet :) Then moving to the main workout we did a rotation- every two minutes start a 200 m run (for me I rowed). This pretty much meant you had to bust out and then hope for a minute rest between runs/rows. This was torture. By round 5 you want to die and then after round seven you're pumped up and ready to finish it. Thankfully we got a small rest before we worked on the core. It's like doing a sit up, but you raise your knees to your elbows. It's awkward and you hurt a lot afterwards. I don't recommend doing 50 of those if it's your first time.

Tuesday we went to Women's self defense. It was a good class and I was fully intending to go to Yoga after, but my daughter got her nose cracked by one of the girls in the class. So we left early.

Wednesday was nothing. I had to pick up my car from the dealership after work. Yay car maintenance!

Thursday was back to Cross Fit. Regular warm up of the 5 times ranging from squats to snatches and using the barbell for most of the time. The WOD was a 20 minute AMRAP where you start with an 800m run (yeah cause that's not tiring, thankfully only doing that once, ps I rowed 800 m in about 6 mins) then continue to do 10 x Hang squat cleans, I used a 15 lb barbell with 15 lbs on each end. It was brutal. After that you do 15 x Hand release push-ups. I didn't do them like everyone else. I did knee push ups and tried my best to keep straight, but it's hard pulling up this much weight. I only made it through twice and that was brutal. The row wore my arms out that I was like jelly when I tried to lift the bar. Ending with core we did 50 sit ups. Yay for sit ups!? wait no. never mind. I was tired. My daughter decided she wanted to go to Jiu Jitsu so we returned that evening for class. We kinda half did it. She was wanting to, but then kinda backed up, didn't want to do warm up etc. I did a lot of the warm up. Some stuff I just can't do like bear crawls. She did none- blamed her ankle. We paired up and practiced some moves. We got out the thicker mat and she was able to pull my legs out and make me fall. I think she quite enjoyed that. Very tired and slept like a baby last night! Another weekend to look forward to before the week of torture begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment