Thursday, February 21, 2013

WBJJ & CF

So Wednesday was Ladies BJJ. We had a good class- smaller than normal with only four of us this time. We did warm up and then moved on to some more self defense type moves where we got to use props :) Out came the rubber knives. We learned techniques from the ground that would work if someone was trying to stab you or slice you. The moves would also work if the person didn't have a knife, but was still putting you in a vulnerable position. But enough about yesterday's class- I'm going to move on to today's CF because WBJJ was great per usual, unlike today's CF. Let's just get this out of the way- I almost pooped my pants. Yup. That's right. The WOD wasn't easy by any means, but it also was in no way the hardest. I did have a full breakfast today instead of splitting it up- wondering if that threw me off or if I may have a touch of food poisoning still left over from Tuesday. Either way it wasn't fun. Warm up was basically going through the techniques of the WOD, which today was a 3 min AMRAP, rest 2 min, 5 min AMRAP, rest 3 min, 7 min AMRAP of 5 deadlifts, 5 hang power cleans, and 5 kettlebell swings. I used a 35# KB and loaded a bar to 55# as I can't do as much weight for the HPCs as I can for the DLs. It was a struggle. Made it through the first round, rested, got about a minute into the second round and had to rush off. Apparently I missed most of that set as I came out as the Coach was coming to make sure I was ok. Red faced and all I got back in time to do the last set in full. First section I made it 2 times through, second was 1 time, third was 4 times. Glad to bounce back. My right arm is still sore. Core was 50 abmat sit ups. Not horrible, but not fun either. Catching my breath seemed extra rough today. Glad CF is done for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment