Thursday, February 21, 2013

Boxing Night

So my kid has been wanting to give boxing a shot as it's a new class that started in January. We made our first class tonite. I was out of breath towards the beginning of warm up. Cardio, cardio, cardio! After some running and loosening up we started with basic footwork and jabs. The first run across and my right calf was tight and on fire. I took it a bit slower, but pushed through. Once we paired up and did jabs with our partner, it made things a bit easier. We did a lot of practice and finished with some weird type of jumping jack where you don't actually jump. It was a really good class and I'm looking forward to next week, hopefully our plans for Wednesday won't mess up Thursday too much. The Coach for boxing is really awesome. He was supportive and got my humor so that was a huge plus. I think I can do boxing even without the kid once I get my cardio going. Time for some ibuprofin and sleep. The jury is out on whether or not I'll be making it to CF tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment