Thursday, February 28, 2013

No sleep, no problem!

I got less than 4 hours of sleep last night that was broken due to a quick run up to NYC- Resulting in about 13 hours in the car total and leg pains from sitting for that long. We split it up and took breaks, but it was still stressful. So I was unsure about going to CF today but I still dressed just in case I was feeling up to it. I decided the heck with it and headed to class. Warm up was a 200 m run and then three rounds of 10 mountain climbers, 10 ring rows, and then pass throughs. It was a workout in itself! After warm up we moved onto the main WOD. It was 10 rounds of 10x pull ups and 10x burpees. I substituted ring rows for pull ups and with my leg pain I tried to do the make shift burpees getting all the way down to the ground, however it wasn't working for me so I did the squatting type burpees that I did in the beginning. It still was hard for me. after the second round I was wheezy and sweaty. Slowing my pace I was able to make it to the sixth round before my back pain really came in. Pushing through I finished with a time of 15:13. I would have been super excited to have finished that, but we still had to do core. Today it was 100 sit ups! It took me a good 10 minutes, but I got them done.

It's Thursday so we also ended up going to Boxing class. Warm up was awesome because instead of running we did drills. They still get me going, but it's more of a soreness pain than getting winded, which I hate. Friends of mine came and we partnered up and practiced punches and blocks. Class flew by- It was almost over before I was really looking at the clock to find out how much longer it would be cause my back hurts :)  Now I definitely deserve to go to bed! Three ibuprofen and hopefully I can get out of bed easily in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment