Thursday, September 27, 2012

Another Brutal CF

Today was one of those workouts that sounds easy but was morbid. We had the standard warm up and then it was just two of us so we "jumped" right in to the WOD. Four rounds of one min sledgehammers, one min jump rope, one min burpee box jumps, one minute sit ups and then one min rest. It's just a minute, right? Wrong... it was torture. My arms were like jelly from swinging the sledgehammer (crazy that I was looking forward to it- it's sooo hard when you haven't done it in a while) and I still have issues jumping rope. It was scaled for me of course- rx was to do double unders. I can barely do single unders! Now that I am trying to do more, doing the bbjs were rough. Sure, I can't do a normal burpee, but I do get on the ground and back and up and then jump on the 45# weight (which is really hard still- not sure if it's mental, physical or both) and repeat. I could do three in a minute. Sit ups were actually not bad. I've really been working on core exercises, and this has helped tremendously. Overall my score was 229. I would get anywhere from 20-35 sledgehammers, 10-15 jump ropes, 3 BBJ, and 8-12 sit ups. My set count went 55, 60, 55, 49. Yes, I tried to push it but just couldn't get there. Not sure if we're doing JJ tonite.

No comments:

Post a Comment