Thursday, September 20, 2012

Wednesday completed, I'm still alive.

So we made it to WSD and had a great class of the basics. More of base and then we got into some rolling. It's amazing how I have to fight my fears in there- I know that I can roll over, but the idea of it paralyzes my body. Mentally I can go through the motions fine. Physically it's another story. I still haven't tried a cartwheel. I need to push though the fear and just do it. Either I'll make it or I won't, but it won't kill me. Halfway thru class I had to stop doing any breakfalls. It's just a little more than my body can take right now. I kept practicing my rolls, which were atrocious, but we were doing them differently than before so it was a new technique mixed with an old move. After WSD I did stay for yoga. Thankfully it started with me as the only person in class so I was relieved. Jenny was awesome as usual and really took it easy for me. Another guy came in from CF and you could tell he was super sore so it was a mellow class the whole way through. I thought for sure I'd have cramps last night because my calves started locking up like they were going to scream in pain, but luckily I slept like a baby. Today I have CF and BJJ scheduled. Here's hoping I can make it through both classes!

No comments:

Post a Comment