Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Back to WSD

Ooooh the pain and horror!!!  It's definitely been a while since I was at WSD and I am feeling the pain. Coach Charles had us run longer than normal then sit ups and push ups and planking and more situps.. ugh! That was just warm up. We practiced sitting in base and getting up and break-falling. Then moved into using getting up in base as we were getting crowded by an "attacker." Then we did  some other moves similar to practice those same techniques. Finally at the end we were able to spar again. I sparred twice with my kid and she beat me up. Sore knees and I busted my vein between my first and second knuckle- ouch! Apparently I've got bruises all up on my knees as well. Oh the joys! At the end I sparred with Coach and I was able to cross mount him once. The second part of our sparring he kept bracing against my hips and squirming like a fish so I couldn't get a good hold on him. It was definitely a work out tonite. Icing up and heading to bed early so I can walk tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment