Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The dreaded update...

Sunday I had the privilege of photographing the Royce Gracie seminar with the kids and adults. It was a lot of fun and made me miss Jiu Jitsu. Monday I went to Cross Fit and it was brutal as usual. Warm-up was three rounds of: 10 x Lightweight SDHP with the 15# bar, 10 x Good mornings (15# bar), 200m Run (I did the run twice- walked most of it, then kept the last for after class due to back pains acting up). Then the WOD was 4 Rounds for time of: 500m Row and 10 x Deadlifts (85#). I was spent by the third round and really had to dig deep to finish. I ended shortly after the other woman there at 17 mins 33 seconds. The rowing was anywhere from 2:20 to 2:45 (min:sec) to complete the 500m each time. I tried hard to keep it under 2:30, but it got hard as the workout went on. That last set of deadlifts was brutal. I dropped to the floor at the end for a good five minutes to catch my breath. Core for me was 50 supermans. Darn that hyper reverse machine. I'm not able to get up on it yet. Apparently today's workout was a little too brutal as I started having chest pains on my way back to work. Wasn't fun and got me nervous. It did go away but I scheduled a dr appt anyhow. We did decide to go to WSD Monday night. It was a good class. A lot of up and down as we practiced getting up and sitting down in base along with what to do if you can't get up in time and someone is on top of you- how to roll back and use your legs in a more powerful way so you can escape. It was good, but killer on my knees. Tuesday we went to Jiu Jitsu and I had to leave class after 15 minutes. It sucked, but if I stayed, I don't know how I'd be doing today.

Today I had my dr appt and my EKG was fine. They are running some bloodwork just to make sure, but I should be good to go. So tonite it is WSD and I am going to get back to Yoga finally after all this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment