Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Almost done with another week.

I never really want to go work out, but yet I find myself driving back to the gym time after time. Monday is not my favorite day of the week most weeks, but this Monday I was more beat than ever. Yet I drove to Cross Fit. I'm glad I did. I actually felt good after it was over. We had warm up: 3 Rounds of 10 x OHS (pvc), 10 x Good mornings, 10 x Shoulder pass throughs. Then Coach didn't feel we were warmed up enough so we rowed 300 meters. Then we moved on to the WOD. It was a set of 21-15-9 for time of Deadlift (75#) and Over Head Squats (35#). I tried the OHS with 45# but it was so hard to squat I didn't think I would ever get up from it. I finished in 9:23. The core for me was supermans- 50. Back to work and I was feeling pretty good.


After work we went to WSD. It was just me and the kid for class. What a brutal class it was. Long warm up and then a lot of snaking and shrimping. A lot of up and down in base that killed my knees. We got "funishment" at the end of the class. Yeah there's no fun in funishment. Coach assigned the kid to do 20 burpees- his count! I figure I'll try them to be supportive. I can't do them like most people, but I got up and down and jump-clapped. I did 13 by the time she did her 20, so not too bad. Not my favorite WSD class by far.


Tuesday we went to JJ and we had a fun class. Warm up was a lot of rolling and penetration steps. We covered some arm grabs that we learned before and then expanded onto different things you could do from pulling them down to mounting their back. We had to leave class right at 8 so we could hit up the grocery store- Gotta get my water!


Today we went to WSD and tho class started a few minutes late (pesky traffic) it was just me and the kid again and it was by far the best class we've had in a long time. Warm up was the usual- running, sit ups, plank. Then we went over more technique. Going over the grabbing and a move from the Royce Gracie seminar. Then we went into role play and had to try to grab each other and get them to the other side of the room. It was a harder game than it sounds like. Two rounds of standing and fighting, then a break and a few more rounds were if one person went down, we could get them on the ground and drag them to the other side. That didn't work out too well, but it was a new technique and worked well for just getting their hands/feet where you want them.


Tomorrow is CF. I looked at the schedule and I don't want to go. It looks crazy hard. But I'm certain at 1 pm you'll find me warming up for the WOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment