Wednesday, November 28, 2012

WSD & MT after the Holidays!

So it's been a long hiatus again. Never good on the body to not work out for a long period of time. I should have been keeping up, but I didn't. So we started off with WSD. A fairly light warm up of jogging, bear crawls, crab walks, and holding plank. We then moved onto reviewing grabs and chokes. After a brief review we did a randori style where we each took turns being the attacker and doing different moves til the bell goes off. Whatever techniques were not done properly during the practice we went over again. We ended with a sparring session. It lasted forever!
Then we moved over to Muay Thai. We joined in with warm up and jogged, planked, did lots of ab work, and were kaput. We were split into beginners and advanced and went over basics like how to stand, punches 1 and 2, and moving. Calves were burning by this time. I took a few extra water breaks so I wouldn't cramp up. But I made it thru whole class. It's going to be torture after i get back from vacation! Hopefully all the walking I do will help keep me in better condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment