Monday, November 19, 2012

MT, CF, and WSD

Saturday we got up and went to our first Muay Thai class. It was brilliant. It's completely different than BJJ. A lot of standing, punching, kicking, etc. There wasn't one thing I couldn't do during class- sure I probably didn't hit as much, as fast, or as hard, but I didn't have to modify. We plan on going next Wednesday since this week is a holiday and it's closed for four days. Looking for gloves and shin guards to start. Eventually the fancy shorts will come.

After the soreness from MT class on Saturday, I spent hours working in the yard Sunday and my right shoulder just was beat up. Needless to say CF was rough today. Warm up was 3 Rounds of: 200m Run (row), 10 x Push-ups, 10 x Jumping squats (non jumping). That had me huffing and puffing and loaded with sweat. So of course it was time to move onto the WOD. It was 3 Rounds of: 400m Run (row), 20 x Burpees, 30 x Double unders (singles), 2 Mins Rest. The row wasn't bad. The burpees, however, were another story. I still can't do a proper burpee, but I try. Today even that wasn't cutting it. I had to scale it back further and not go all the way onto the ground. Jumping was also rough. I can get upwards of 15 jumps without messing up on an awesome day- today it wasn't more than three. Not awesome. I finished last again and then moved on to the core- 50 T2B. On the floor again for this one. Anyone who has been in an environment like this knows that the inevitable will happen. You will fart at the wrong moment. It was really quiet and there were only about four of us left. I lifted my legs up to the bar and the weirdest, loudest sound came from right below my legs! Yes, my first audible CF gas incident. I had to recompose myself and continue on. It took me a while to finish, but I finally did. Rough, rough class.

After all this I still went to WSD. Class wasn't horribly rough, but it had it's moments. Mild warm up, jogging, sit ups, push ups, rolling, hip escapes...  Then we moved onto some review. Starting with wrist grabs and then working up to the oopa. Another day down.

No comments:

Post a Comment