Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday freakout!!!!

So Monday's are usually a drag anyways- add three days of no exercise and then jumping into Cross Fit at lunch in them and BOOM! It's a fiasco. My right shoulder is in agony after class today. Apparently Coach thinks I've become stronger.. More on that later, let's get to the nitty gritty of the actual work out today.
Warm up was the junkyard one where one person sits on the ground and the other jumps over your arms and legs going around in a circle. Then  You move on to where you become a bridge and they go under you and then you relax down a little for them to jump over you. I've never done this. Never until today that is. I was paired up with a perky young woman who I have never seen before. She got right into jumping over me and then fortunately I was able to hold myself up for her to go under/over without dying. Yes, just being the "log" got me all sorts of tired and sweaty. Then Coach suggests I do it to her- WTF? Yeah, well don't jump, but step over, do what you can. Uh ok. So I did. And yes, I was consumed with sweat afterwards. I didn't even make it to the under/over portion. We also did extra shoulder stretches because of the types of lifts we'd be doing for the WODs.
WOD 1:  5 x 3 Vertical snatch off high boxes at hip. 60 Secs rest between sets.We did this @ 55 lbs. It was good. I'm getting better and dropping underneath. Towards the last set I could feel myself drooping a bit.
WOD 2: 5 Rounds of: 3 x Snatch pull, 45 Secs rest, 3 x Heaving snatch balance, 45 Secs rest- I paired up with one of the regular ladies with this and we kept the first bar at 55 pounds and for the Heaving Snatch we went to 95 pounds!!! I was trying to work on my form, but the bar was pretty heavy for me.
Core: 4 x 8 Weighted Glute ham raises. Core.. good ol' core. I asked if Coach wanted me to do supermans or situps for core today. She said "Oh why don't you try the glute ham raises? You're getting stronger." So I did. Apparently no more supermans for me! I'm glad for the outward signs of improvement, but at the same time it's scary doing different things. At my weight, getting up on the unit practically knocks the wind out of me. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it, but today doing them without a weight was pretty hard, especially after all the lifting. My right shoulder is pretty sore. I used my massage machine on it and will probably hook up my tens unit to it. I have a chiro appt Thursday so that will definitely be good. I also have CF Thursday tho! No Yoga tonite- or for the next two weeks. The teacher is in Poland and they had a hard time trying to find a replacement. Hopefully it won't be brutal when she comes back.

No comments:

Post a Comment