Thursday, August 16, 2012

Back from vacation...

And boy am I sore! We got home on Sunday after a wretched 17 hour train ride. Trains are not made for fat people. Phew. Today I'm feeling a little better- my right foot has a huge blister on the pad just below my second toe. It's getting better, slowly. Brief update as far as activity while on vacation- Day 1: Theme park with mild walking, lots of swimming, Day 2: Snorkel with manatees, lots of swimming, minimal walking, climbing in and out of boat was fine, Day 3 Water theme park with medium walking, lots of swimming, and lots of stairs- one ride I chose to go on (three times) had 101 steps to get to the top!! Day 4- theme park, *lots* of walking- So much that this is the day I got my huge blister. I was limping by the late afternoon. Day 5- no theme park, hard to walk, hard to drive, went to Wal Mart for foot care stuff. Day 6- Theme park- no walking, rented a scooter so I didn't drag my family down. Kinda irritated that I couldn't walk it. I have been doing so well lately.

Well as much as I wanted to lay around and do nothing Monday, I got up and went to work. Then went to Cross Fit on lunch. It was rough to do, but I'm glad I did as I'm trying to stick to my "no excuses" goal. I don't have to do it all, but I have to do something. Monday's warm up for me was jumping rope and rolling the pvc pipe front to back to warm up my shoulders. about 5 minutes in to jumping rope I landed wierd and my right knee popped- it hurt so bad. I rested for a few minutes and finished jumping tho. The WOD 1 was 7 x 2 Vertical snatch off high boxes at hip, 60 Secs rest between sets. The WOD 2 was 4 Rounds of:  3 x Halting snatch deadlift, 60 Secs rest, 3 x Drop snatch, 60 Secs rest. I did 55 lbs to start. During the WOD 2, I kept dipping before the move so I took off 20 pounds and I was able to do it a bit better. I need to work on form and get over my fear. It's really a mental block with some of these moves. For the Drop Snatch I stayed at 83 pounds the entire time. Core for me was 40 supermans, no rest. And I did. I did 40 and was sure I was on the brink of death by the time I got into the thirties! Very thankful that I made it to 40. So back to work I went. And I thought to myself, Yoga sounds good. And amazingly it did. I mentioned the sore shoulder and she did some extra stretches for me. It helped a lot. However after 9 or 10 days of not doing yoga, my feet were *burning* during some of the moves. I couldn't do what I could last class. It really stresses the importance to keep up with moving.

Tuesday I went to WSD alone- It was more of a fun class. Warm up was just a little bit of jogging and since we had a sub, we did a few escapes, but it wasn't as structured as normal so it was a lot of giggles with the ladies. A good relaxing class. Afterwards I stayed for Yoga. It was not hard, but it was hard. Easier than Monday, but I was sweating really bad. It's not often I drip on the mat, but I did that day. My tree pose is getting much better. I can balance better on my left foot than on my right, which seems weird- but eventually I'll get there. Not sure if my big blister has anything to do with it tho!

Wednesday was a short workout day. I went to WSD with the kid and that was it. We had planned on getting some school shopping done. She starts high school in just over a week! Crazy. I'll hopefully update again later today after my CF lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment