Monday, January 28, 2013

3 Part update

I started updating last week, but one thing led to another and now here I am, just getting back into the swing of things. Last Wednesday I flew home from vacation, got off the plane, went home, showered, and headed right back out to class. We did the Women's Jiujitsu and it was a lot of fun. Sure I hate shrimping and hip escapes still.. I probably will until I can actually do them properly. It's so annoying to have your pants get pulled down with every move. It was a really good class and I'm glad I was able to go.

Friday I did my normal Cross Fit. The WOD was a 20 min AMRAP of 10 x SDHP (95#/65#), 15 x Push-ups, 25 x Double unders. I did 55# and single unders so I had to triple and do 75 each round. It was horrible! I got through the sdhp and the push ups, but damn if the jump rope was my nemesis!!! I kept tripping up and could barely do three in a row. It was so hard that I only ended up completing two full rounds, 10 sdhp and 5 knee push ups before the timer went off. Clearly not my best day, but again it was my first CF since vacation.

Today I killed CF. When I looked at what the workout was I literally sick to my stomach and didn't want to go. But I went anyways and I'm really glad I did. I finished in 28:49 along with two other people. For a change I wasn't the last one done.. well I was, but I wasn't alone this time! The WOD today was called "Angie" and boy is she a pain in the *everywhere*! It's 100 x Pull-ups (I did ring rows), 100 x Push-ups (knee for me), 100 x Sit-ups, and 100 x Squats. You can't move on to the next exercise til you finish the first. Talk about painful. But I did it. Sure I peed my pants a little (a lot, hooray for pads! boo for sit ups) and I wasn't sure I could move afterwards, but I managed. Drove back to work with the top down in 38 degree weather :) I was so hot from class. Today was a good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment