Friday, June 14, 2013

It's been a while, with good reason tho

I did it!
So last week was normal. Training on Monday and Wednesday, Muay Thai on Tuesday, and Jits on Wednesday. I skipped training on Friday because on Saturday I got up early and we headed out to DC to participate in the Run or Dye 5k. We waited for about an hour in the start queue. Finally it was our turn and we brought up the rear. It was pretty neat to get hit with the powder. And I lasted fairly well. I didn't really start feeling it til I had gone a mile. If we hadn't had to wait forever just to start, I think I would have done a lot better. But I pushed through. Took three water breaks and finished the 5k in just under an hour and a half. I was shocked. Very happy to have completed it. My entire body was incredibly sore. But at the finish flags my husband and daughter took jumping pictures and well I had to do it too! I didn't want to regret not doing it. Funny cause after we got done we saw a lot of other people doing it too.  That day I got 14,760 steps on my fitbit, total of 6.45 miles.


Easy my ass!
Got my first stripe!
Which brings me to the week of hell! My knees and ankles were all sorts of painful. My ankles were swollen for a few days and I just really felt like crap. Getting up after sitting down for more than an hour would make my right knee scream. I would have to limp around for a few minutes til I could manage to stand upright all the way. I skipped training on Monday and Wednesday. Skipped Muay Thai on Tuesday. Wednesday I told my coach that I wasn't up for class. She said it would be easy and I should still come just to see what's going on and I wouldn't have to do much. Reluctantly I went. Very happy I did, even tho class was *not* easy! I got my very first stripe!!!

Thursday I took a rest day as now my hips were aching. It's a weird feeling having your hips hurt. Today I went to my training, but he took it easy on me. We worked on my upper body/arms. It was dreadful. But I managed to get through it. I'm looking forward to getting back on track next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment