Thursday, May 24, 2012

Cross Fit take 5

Today was brutal. I'm still sore from Monday. Those sit ups killed. Tuesday we did women's self defense and that wasn't fun! But oh lord today the work out was dreadful. Warm up was 200 meter jog (I walked), 10 push ups (knee push ups, but getting better at them), and then 10 "good mornings" where you take a pvc pipe over your shoulders and then bend down. Rinse a repeat for a total of 3 sets for "warm up". Seriously that was a work out in itself. So the actual work out was this:
 "cruel & unusual punishment" 
50 burpees, 5 in & out tire flips, 50 in place lunges holding 35/55lbs, 5 in & out tire flips, 50 lateral box jumps 24"/20",5 in & out tire flips, 50 hip extensions, 5 in & out tire flips
I did a modified version. Burpees are where you are standing up then kind of go all the way to the ground and then get back up and clap over your head. I can't fathom that. I start with my hands up in the air then squat down and touch the floor and then back up. So 50 of those. Next were the lunges. Holding a 35 lb kettle bell weight braced with both hands I lunged the best I could. I'm sure it looked pathetic to any normal person.. but it really was the best I could do. 50 of those came and went. Shockingly now the time was barely ticking. The lateral box jumps got me. I seriously am chickenshit. This 16" tall box looked massive to me. Instead of jumping, I was to step up and then down off it. I couldn't even step up on it. Tears welled up in my eyes. It sounded so simple to do. These guys were jumping up on these boxes and I couldn't even hoist my own weight up on a smaller one. Holding back the tears and wiping away the sweat rolling off my face I ended up bracing on hoops they have hanging and using that to assist. I did 50 step ups- 25 on each leg. It was horrific. I got to 20 and thought that was it. Then I got to 30 and didn't think I could take another step. My shoulders hurt from having to assist my weight up on the box. Just really not what I had in mind to do today! But I did it. I completed them and as I rested and took a drink of water I was urged to do some tire flips. The guys were flipping a 300-some odd lb tire and then jumping in and out and then flipping and repeating. She had me do straight up flips with a 210 lb tire. My arms were jello. I did 6 flips. I felt fantastic. Could barely breath or move, but I did it.  And I was even able to walk to my car. 


I'm wanting to start Yoga. I think I have a problem :)

No comments:

Post a Comment