Thursday, May 16, 2013

Bicycling, Personal Training, WMT, & WBJJ = P A I N !

So I'm going to be backwards because it's been so long since an update. Today we did a crazy bike ride to eat dinner at Potbelly. It was almost three miles each way and there were uphill sections that were killer. But it only took a half hour each way. That's not bad for old out of shape me! Yesterday I did legs with my personal trainer. Started out with three sets of leg presses at 180 lbs. Towards the end my trainer would push on it to add weight. Crazy. Then we moved onto weighted squats. With every squat I held 5 lb weights in each hand and had to raise them up and out. It's crazy. First set was 50. Took a break kicking the a heavy bag 50 times. Then I got to take another "break" doing step ups onto a twelve inch high platform. After my first set of 25 each leg I got to sit down only to start doing my first set of 100 leg lifts! It was like one torture replaced with another. And it never ended!!! Rinse, repeat. It was brutal and my thighs were burning. To make it even more awesome, the day before that I did upper body with my trainer. My shoulders, chest, biceps, all jello-y with soreness. Did I mention That I also did my Muay Thai class after the arm day and Jits after my leg day??? So can you see why taking a bike ride today was nutzos?!?!?!  So that's been my past couple of weeks.. swimming, training, bike riding, classes... My body is a mess. But it's a good mess. My new rx seems to be less of an issue. I'm down 11 lbs so far since I got back on track. I'm hoping I keep going in this direction. It's a good pain :) 


My Bike during a pit stop on the way home. Beautiful sunset even if I was huffing and puffing!



No comments:

Post a Comment